- Homework is expected to be up to 50 minutes per night for a 5th grader. If your child is behind academically, s/he may need to spend more homework time every night to master concepts s/he is behind in.
- Reading: 20 minutes per day. (This is part of the 50 min./night.)
- Spelling: 5-10 min./night
- Math: Most nights the homework will consist of watching a short video (or two) to prepare for the next day's Math lesson. Parents are encouraged to watch the short videos with their children to know what's happening in Math in our classroom. No daily Math homework page will come home. However, students who are not becoming proficient in daily concepts will have special homework sent home to help him/her master the missed concept(s) by watching the videos again and practicing related problems.
- Science: Usually there will be no homework.
- Study for tests as needed.
- Special Projects (for example, the Wax Museum)
- Any assignment not completed at school automatically becomes homework.