- Most assignments will be graded in class and recorded into Skyward immediately.
- I enter late assignment grades weekly, usually by 5 pm on Fridays.
- Students are responsible to make up and turn in any missed assignments due to an absence. Checking Skyward is the best way to check for missing assignments.
- Students may turn a late assignment if it is turned in within two weeks following its Skyward due date. For example, if a Math homework assignment is given on Aug. 29th, and it's due on Aug. 30th, Aug. 30th will be entered as the due date in Skyward. If the assignment is turned in by Sep. 12th (two weeks late), I will accept it. If the late assignment is submitted on Sep. 13th or later, I will not accept it, and its status will change from "Missing Assignment" to zero. (NOTE: Alpine School District policy allows for two days to submit late assignments. My policy is much more lenient, but absolutely firm once it hits the two-week late date.)
- Exception: If your child misses five or more consecutive days for illness, please contact me. The acceptable due dates will be extended.
- Get in the habit of checking Skyward regularly.
- Take time to sit down with your child and check Skyward together every-other day. My 5th-grade students will be proficient in getting into Skyward within the 1st month of school. Have them login for you and take the lead. (NOTE: If you want a one-on-one lesson with me on how to access and use Skyward, please email me. I'd be happy to empower you with Skyward knowledge!